Shose Simon Macha
Function: Project Lawyer
- Advising the project as to their legal rights and obligations, and as to the working of the legal system in so far as it is relevant to the legal rights and obligations of the project
- Assisting the project in every appropriate way, and taking legal action to protect project interests.
- Assisting the project before courts, tribunals or administrative authorities, where appropriate.
- Provide high quality legal advice to the Board to ensure effective corporate governance covering risk planning, statutory responsibilities and to contribute to the resolution of contractual disputes presented for a Board decision.
- Providing legal advice to a small team of Contract Administrators and Technical Specialists during the day to day activities when necessary.
- Lead on any contractual disputes and land compensation tribunal/adjudication claims, dealing directly with senior legal representatives of the counterparty organisations.
- Provide legal interpretation of the Board’s contractual obligations that will contribute to the establishment of any start up project business processes and staff guidance to ensure the delivery of high quality performance across the team that satisfies contractual obligations.